Things To Do in Cappadocia
The formation of today's Cappadocia goes back 60 million years. Yes, you did not hear wrong, 60 million years. You decided to visit places where dinosaurs used to travel in the past, and now you are reading this blog. First of all, I would like to mention that you made a great choice. I think Cappadocia, which is a wonder of nature, deserves to be among the top 10 places that people should see before they die…
Let's talk a little bit about the location of Cappadocia and then talk about what to do in Cappadocia. Cappadocia is located in Turkey's Nevsehir province. The closest airport to Cappadocia is Nevsehir Cappadocia Airport and its distance to the historical region is approximately 45 km. Even if there is no direct flight from your country, you can come via Istanbul with a connecting flight. Or you can come by bus with group tours from Istanbul through agencies.
THINGS TO DO IN CAPPADOCIA
- Stay in cave hotels; These types of hotels, which are few in number, are generally boutique and low-capacity hotels. We recommend you to stay in these hotels to enjoy the nature and unique scenery of Cappadocia.
- Get on the balloon; You should definitely get on a balloon to see the unique view of Cappadocia from the sky. This journey, which you take with an average of 10 people with an expert pilot, takes about 1 hour if you are lucky and you do not encounter any adverse weather conditions. Watching the sunrise from 5 to 1000 meters above the ground will give you an unforgettable Cappadocia experience.
- Visit Pottery Workshop in Avanos; Making a clay vessel from the Hittite period to the present still continues in Avanos. The soil taken from special areas is processed and placed on a special bench and the bench turns. If your hand is good, you can make a great plate. If your hand is not capable, it is a complete disaster ...
- Visit the Carpets; There are many shops in Cappadocia where completely handmade carpets are exhibited. Since we thought you could take great photos, we thought of adding this to our list of what to do in Cappadocia.
- Take a Gondola Tour; Did you know that there is a rumor that the Gondola culture in Venice was copied from Cappadocia? You didn't know because we made it up. Although not as much as Venice, a short 15-minute gondola tour will be a good escape.
- Have dinner in restaurants built into the rocks; I say don't miss the chance to experience many different flavors such as tandoori, jug kebab, hair pan, wedding soup and beans in an authentic place, which are among the local dishes of Cappadocia.
- Learn and taste winemaking at winemaking houses; When it comes to Cappadocia, one of the first things that comes to mind is its famous wine. This land, which is very fertile in terms of viticulture and grape production due to its geographical location, has a wine culture that has been going on for years. You can take a wine tasting tour by visiting famous wine factories. WARNING: THE USE OF ALCOHOL IS NEGATIVE TO YOUR HEALTH.
- ATV safari; It will be a unique experience to tour the natural beauties of Cappadocia with ATV motorcycles in a group rather than walking. We recommend that you open your ears while listening to your guide.
- Watch the balloons; If you are afraid of heights like me and if you say that I cannot get on the balloon but still do not want to stay away from this pleasure, there are balloon viewing tours organized by local agencies in Cappadocia. Can you imagine 150 balloons taking off at the same time as sunrise?